BURLAP WATCH (HK) LIMITED is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website burlapwatch.com (our Website); including, information provided at the time of registering an account to use our Website and services, sub- scribing to our services and newsletters, posting material or requesting further services. In addition, we may ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a promotion or when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although this remains optional which you are not required to respond to
- Information of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your
- Information of your visits to our Website and the resources that you
We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. All records are erased after 6 months of possession.
Uses made of the information
The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside Hong Kong include:
- ensuring that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your
- providing you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do
- complying with laws in or outside Hong
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue
- notifying you about changes to our
We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge.
Disclosure of your information
- Any personal data we hold will remain strictly confidential, but may provide information to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services
- our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Hong Kong
- actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services
- Although we have made every effort to safe guard your personal information, we cannot control and guarantee how third parties use information.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have viewed and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will generally hold your data on our servers in Hong Kong. However, we may transfer it to our overseas offices elsewhere in the world or to any people listed at paragraph 3 above, who may be located elsewhere.
Your consent and rights
- By using our service, making an application or visiting our Website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this
- Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, individuals have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data
- to require us to correct inaccurate data
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by
- Please send requests to access or correct data, to cease communications, and questions or complaints to: Data Privacy Officer, Flat C, 16/F, Waylee Industrial Centre, 30 – 38 Tsuen King Circuit, Tsuen Wan, New Territories, Hong Kong at firstname.lastname@example.org
Governing law and jurisdiction
Last updated: 4 July, 2018